Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Thursday 22 April 2010

Pro-Life witness in Oxford on Saturday


I am unable to attend this Pro-Life event, but if anyone is interested in joining the witness here are details, which I have adapted from an e-mail from the organiser:

SATURDAY, 24th APRIL - PRO-LIFE WITNESS IN OXFORD


3pm - 4pm

Please come and join us as we pray for all unborn babies and their parents, and for all those involved in the evil of abortion, especially for the doctors and nurses in the John Radcliffe Hospital.

The Rosary will be led by Fr John Saward, and there will be Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament in the church of St Anthony of Padua which is immediately behind where those taking part in the act of witness.

We meet at St Anthony of Padua Church, Headley Way, Oxford and stand along the entrance to the John Radcliffe Hospital, which is also on Headley Way.

Please remember the unborn in your prayers.


No comments: