Once I was a clever boy learning the arts of Oxford... is a quotation from the verses written by Bishop Richard Fleming (c.1385-1431) for his tomb in Lincoln Cathedral. Fleming, the founder of Lincoln College in Oxford, is the subject of my research for a D. Phil., and, like me, a son of the West Riding. I have remarked in the past that I have a deeply meaningful on-going relationship with a dead fifteenth century bishop... it was Fleming who, in effect, enabled me to come to Oxford and to learn its arts, and for that I am immensely grateful.


Wednesday 26 November 2014

Progress at Preston


I see from a post on Rorate Caeli that the good work is progressing at the church of St Walberge in Preston - recently transferred to the ICKSP by the Bishop of Lancaster to be a centre for Eucharistic devotion and for the celebration of the Extraordinary Form.

St Walberge, Preston
The tallest free standing tower and spire in England

Image: Rorate Caeli

The latest news is contained in an article by one of the clergy which was published in Regina Magazine. It is very positive about what is happening at St Walberge's, and has some splendid illustrations of the church and the liturgy, and can be accessed here.


No comments: